Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beautiful Lady



That's my Grandma.

Thoughtful, kind, polite, loving, witty, talented...the list could go on and on.  She went to be with the Lord on Thanksgiving Day.  It's not a total surprise, but it's still hard.  She was 93, we moved her to the nursing home in February 2010.  She had been at home until then, with help.  This picture was from her birthday, in April.  She looks so frail and had gotten even more so in the last couple of months.  But her will was always strong! 

Today, we have the funeral...while I'm so sad I cannot hug her neck, hear her say I love you, kiss and hug my boys, listen to her funny stories, I'm so happy she is enjoying her new home...Heaven I tell you!  Praise the Lord for that, it brings about a Peace that our minds cannot comprehend...yes, that's the Peace of God that passes all understanding.  Tears of sadness and joy are flowing from my eyes. 

I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth.


Have a Beautiful day friends

I'm going to.

10 comments:

Countrygirl said...

So sorry sweet friend! Praying for the His peace that surpasses all understanding to surround and comfort you! She is singing with the angels now - in the presence of God Almighty!

Amy said...

Heaven in deed! Thank you for telling us about her. So hard to loose those we love but so thankful we will see them again! Praise the good Lord! Praying for your heart. Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Les! But what a comfort to know she's with Jesus!

Ranch wife said...

Oh Les I am so sorry. I still miss my Grandmother, but like you I know where she is and I know I will see her one day. Thank you Jesus for such comfort.

~M~

laura mcpherson said...

So sorry for your loss, Leslie! Sounds like your grandma was a beautiful lady inside and out. My prayers are with you and your family. AND, yes...how wonderful we have the peace of knowing our loved ones are at home in Heaven.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Oh Les I am SO sorry to hear of your loss! Your Grandma sure was beautiful!! I surely didn't think she looked 93 in that picture! Praise the Lord for our home in Heaven where you will be reunited one day!

HUGS!!

Paula said...

Ah, Les. I am so sick for ya. I am so sorry - I know how much you adored her. I am sorry that my life has been so consuming that I am just now reading this.

P.

KELLI MC said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that I have always thought my Aunt Birdell was the coolest and best. She was such an awesome person. I cherish a painting she and I did when I was a kid. She was sooo special. Wish I could have come for her service. I know you will miss her

Missouri Gal said...

Bless your heart! I burried my Aunt Betty recently. I feel your pain.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh I'm sooo sorry for your loss. This brought tears to my eyes. My grandma is really frail and old too. It's only a matter of time.