I cannot believe I have NOT posted yet this month. Hellooooo, it's December 15th~what the heck?
Oh yea...life. It happens ya know. First, I want to say Thank you to all of you who left such thoughtful comments on my last post. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I miss my Grandma...I guess I'm having trouble getting into the "Christmas" mode since then...it didn't really seem like Thanksgiving and that usually gets me going.
I do have most of my shopping done, thanks to a fun day/night with friends in Wichita last Friday and getting home around 11:45pm, thinking "this is sooooo past my bedtime, but so much fun!"
Discussing with my hubby a strategic plan for our shopping...and not having a plan because we can't seem to find a day we can both go AND have somewhere for the boys...Saturday morn was to be my get the laundry done, clean house day...JB calls about 9am "I'm done with chores, it's really cold and windy and we aren't going to do much more today...the boys can stay with dad and can you be ready in 15 mins?"...Me.."Uuuhhhhh, I guess so, I will hit the shower." We take off for Wichita....for our marathon shopping day...got almost everything done...eventually. I can't even explain the sillyness involved...but it was good and we finally got home about 10:30pm(day 2 of late night=tired momma) LOL A few more stocking stuffers and I'm FINISHED!
This morning...my devotional was exactly what I needed to hear...as usual!
Title: A Carefree Christmas
This time of year, we all have the tendency to stress and worry...whether its little or big things, they tend to creep into our lives and sometimes we don't even realize the magnitude they have until they are HUGE.
These stresses, worries, anxieties...whatever you want to call them are actually HUGE tools of the enemy, yes, Satan uses all that nonsense in his strategies to "steal, kill and destroy". Worry is a chief weapon of warfare for him and it seems to always work. I decided this morning to NOT let him win this time, no more worries. We as believers are to cast our cares upon the Lord and thru prayer and petition with Thanksgiving offer our requests to God. (Phillippians 4:6).
My prayer for you this season is to be carefree...cast your cares upon the Lord, he is always listening and always waiting for us. Only then will we experience true Joy.
Have a wonderful rest of the week. I promise to post more before another 3 weeks are past...I have family pictures to show and the story of the VERY WINDY day we took them!
2 comments:
I SO want to be carefree! Thanks for the encouragement.
Merry Christmas!
Blessings on your coming hopefully slower days before Christmas! Have a merry one. I pray your heart will heal and will be uplifted. Amy
Post a Comment